1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After using the forum(research) for a while, thought I'd say hi.

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by DigiCamPete, Feb 15, 2014.

1. DigiCamPete

DigiCamPete Member

First of all, Hi to everyone.

I've been coming across the forum quite a lot searching and looking for opinions, so after a few years looking around, I thought it's about time that I made a profile and introduced myself.

Let me tell you a bit about myself...

I've been interested in photography for as long as I remember, one of my first memories is making a pinhole camera with my Dad - making the bathroom a makeshift darkroom (fond memories - don't we all have them). I'm 26 now, and although many of you will think of that as a spring chicken, I certainly feel twice my age. Throughout my career I've been involved in photography, from working at a (very) large electronics company to managing bars across the country, and quite a lot in between - the one place I've enjoyed looking through opinions and specs is here.

So, you are all going to ask the question:

What took you so long?

I'm sure you will all agree that some things everyone postpones, and although it's different for us all - if you've got a busy life, they seem to never get done.

Having settled down (slightly), I've found the time to start putting some more time into things I enjoy.

So, I'm hoping to find the time to talk to more people with the same interests as me and have fun at the same time (who wouldn't want that)

Onto cameras...

I'm by no means a great photographer, but I think it's more about passion than talent (that's my excuse) - but I try. At the moment I'm playing around with the 3200 (Nikon) and finding it a good 'entry DSLR' so far (although I've played around with a few others).

This post is getting a bit too long now, so I'll cut it (slightly) short - but I hope to speak to you all soon.

Peter

2. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Re: After using the forum(research) for a while, thought I'd say

Hello, Peter, welcome to the AP forums!

3. DigiCamPete

DigiCamPete Member

Thanks - registering has made me look at the forum in a whole new light, I'm now looking at everthing in a bit more detail (looks like I'll be on here for a while)

4. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

you can check out any time you like but you can never leave.....

welcome:D

5. DigiCamPete

DigiCamPete Member

I know what you mean... I'll never get any work done now :)

6. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Hi Peter and welcome!

Dunno about spring chicken - you're barely out of the egg yet :)

7. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.

8. southonline

southonline Well-Known Member

welcome enjoy yourself here ;)

and already set up with one of the new TLDs... I suppose someone had already nicked digital.photography :rolleyes:....personally I'm not jumping onto that game and feeding Nominet constant interest in screwing money out of people

9. DigiCamPete

DigiCamPete Member

Yep - I was having a look and couldn't quite believe that it was available. It's given be a mental boost to start a blog - I've done bits on a Wordpress free one, but now I've got my own domain :) Not sure how it'll do though as a new tld. - They're always going to try to milk everyone - I think the only one's that'll loose out are the squatters.

10. DigiCamPete

DigiCamPete Member

11. southonline

southonline Well-Known Member

I've just negotiated with a deal on a squatted name and the client bought it for 10k !! not a bad investment for a £20 name, although I don't know how long the guy owned it for. He was originally asking 15k !!