1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Affinity on i-pad

Discussion in 'Digital Image Editing & Printing' started by cliveva, Mar 3, 2019.

1. cliveva

cliveva Well-Known Member

hi all
    Has anyone used Affinity to open jepegs created on a computer on an I-pad ?
    The info page suggests that one can, but I really would like to be sure before buying as I only want to use it to upload to the web.
    I intend to put pictures on an S D card and use a card reader, so far I have been unable to get an app that recognises files from a computer only straight from the camera.
    Look forwards to your reply’s
    Clive

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I haven't - but I cannot imagine editing on anything as small as an iPad. It is hard enough on a 21" monitor.

I couldn't find an on-line manual for affinity.

I did find an article that said two things - it has to be a new top-spec iPad - not any old iPad - and that it can open files from camera, iCloud and dropbox, which suggests that you have to host the files for editing in the cloud. This kinda makes sense because you'd rapidly fill an iPad if you were storing full sized images and working with layers.

I haven't used LR mobile but I assume that it uses Adobe servers to store the images - part of the new LR CC offering.

If all you want to do is transfer a file from computer to iPad then upload to the web, why not cut out the middle man and go direct from computer to web?

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Try formatting the card in a camera then copying the images you want from the computer into the Pictures folder on the card. You'll want the file names to look like something a camera might use such as "P1210023.jpg". That's worked for me in the past using a card formatted in a Panasonic camera (in which case the file path needs to be something like /DCIM/113_PANA).

4. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

The answer is yes, but it's a bugger to do anything on it.

Though that may just be me not liking it.
    S

5. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Probably the latter. I am getting to grips with Affinity. I have bought it and am learning to use it under windows. I am impressed.
    I do not have an I-pad and cannot test for you.
    Clive,why not download Affinity on the free trial licence? If you like then buy. If you don't then delete it .

6. cliveva

Well thanks for that, did not see a trail use, but will have an other look,
    Thanks again
    Clive

7. cliveva

Er just checked the website, no free trial for I-pad, so it will be a £ 20 punt then?

8. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Having reread the thread, that is my thought as well.