1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

````advise with lens for nikon d610``````````````````````````````````````````````````

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by michael 560, Jul 26, 2017.

1. michael 560

michael 560 New Member

hi, i hope to be acquiring a nikon d610 and am needing some advice about which type of lens to use for some artwork that i have done, i need to get some nice quality prints around a3 and maybe larger, the artwork is on 36 by 24 inch canvasses.

2. cliveva

cliveva Well-Known Member

A 50mm would be a good start and can be found reasonably priced secondhand. The walk-around zoom to match the D610, would be the 24-120mm f4 VR, but at the dearer end(£900ish).
    I would use my 60mm micro, rather than one of my zooms(less distortion and sharper), for the suggested static work.

3. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I would use my 105 Nikkor macro, but my 24-120 would probably do just as well. For the camera I would use my old D800. One of my D500 with either of those lenses would still be fine.
    For static stuff and large prints a D800 or D810 would be the ideal cameras in the Nikon stable. Both should suffer lower prices since the announcement of the D850.
    I hope that you are nor rushed into a decision over what camera to buy. From what very limited knowledge of your reqirements that we have then I suspect that my choice would not be your choice. A D800 with suitable lens stopped down a bit would be perfect for reproducing your 36 by 24 inch canvasses at 72 by 48 without too much trouble. Use a tripod. Use live view with magnificaton. Use that delay function that triggers the mirror a second or two before the shutter fires. The results shoudl amaze.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I'd think a short telephoto in range 100 to 135 mm focal length.