1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice please for aircraft Photography

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by andymack, Oct 7, 2017.

1. andymack

andymack New Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the add..
    I was wondering if anyone could help identifying a suitable camera?

I am a flexwing microlight pilot, (looks like a hang glider with an engine). This requires me to have to hold onto a bar to fly the aircraft.
    I am lucky enough to see some amazing scenes, and i do have a go pro, but would like to take pictures as well.

I have used my Samsung Galaxy phone, which "just works" :). It consistently takes good pictures (as long as i hold it steady), with no adjustments or setup, but trying to handle a small phone while flying is fiddly to say the least.
    So i am looking for something i can hang round my neck that works well with just point and click.
    I have to wear a helmet with a visor, so i cant even look through the viewfinder :), so most of the time i get 1 out of 10 that are any good anyway.
    I have a canon 30D, which even without a lens is far too heavy. I have sony DSC-TX7, but thats too fiddly as well.
    There are so many makes and models - so i thought i would look for some help..

So the criteria i need is:

Light in weight and not too bulky
    A good Automatic setting - its not feasible to change settings after i take off.
    Big button
    Rechargeable battery lithium battery

Because the phone worked well i wondered about a Samsung (i.e: WB1100F or NX1000?)
    Any thoughts/advice/alternatives gratefully received.

TIA

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

andymack likes this.
  3. andymack

andymack New Member

Andrew, thanks for this - that's an interesting suggestion - i hadn't considered a tough camera. That comparison article is useful - many thanks.