1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A street photo "might" reconnect a father and son?

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Done_rundleCams, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I posted this photo, on FB, whilst on my way to lunch last week:

Dec20-16-AP-Tues-JS009850 copy.jpg

A seemingly boring pics of people and shadows, but, …this was the following posts and replies that
    followed:

One of them could be my wayward son...sigh
    Like · Reply · 21 December at 20:50
    [​IMG]
    Jack Simpson
    [​IMG]:eek: … hangs about on Granville … well, better than the skids .. kind of
    Like · Reply · 21 December at 20:52
    [​IMG]
    No idea Jack - I have not seen or heard a word from him in 3 years. I know he used to hang down there [​IMG]:(
    Like · Reply · Yesterday at 07:00
    [​IMG]
    Jack Simpson
    Oh man, that's rough [​IMG]:(Have you contacted the VPD to see if they have any word on him?
    Like · Reply · 22 hrs
    [​IMG]
    Good news - a friend saw this, did some leg work..well...keyboard work and they found him. He is due in Court on Jan 31st...and guess who will be waiting outside?
    Like · Reply · 1 · 20 hrs
    [​IMG]
    Wow. That didn't take very long. Amazing to be honest.
    Unlike · Reply · 2 · 18 hrs · Edited
    [​IMG]
    Jack Simpson
    .. wow [​IMG]:eek:and, I'm guessing, you?
    Like · Reply · 51 mins

I gotta to admit, this was one of the strangest turn of events that one of my photos has caused?
    Hope it turns out well.

Jack

2. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Well now, that would be a heartening outcome, Jack. Shades of Luke Chapter 15! And one tale to be repeated at Christmases for a number of years hence if it all ends well. Cheers, Oly

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. Done_rundleCams

If I hear about the outcome, Oly, I'll definitely let you know :) But, who is the Luke Chapter 15?

Cheers,

Jack

4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Nice story. Not too familiar with the bible stories, but I'm assuming the prodigal son, killing the fatted calf etc? Horsewhipping is what I thought he should get. Guess I'll never get to be god.:)

5. Done_rundleCams

I don't think it's a biblical oriented story, Mike, but, as for being God, never give up hope :) …. but, as I judge, I think you're about a century and score to late ;)

Cheers,

Jack

6. RovingMike

Well I googled it and it is biblical, but something about a lost sheep that repented. Seems sinning and repenting gets bigger brownie points in heaven than never sinning at all. Think they need me in the job to sort them out. The old guy's losing it.

Geren and Done_rundleCams like this.
  7. Done_rundleCams

Good to know, Mike, and, I think, now my chances are much better ;)

Cheers and Happy Christmas …evening :)

Jack

8. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

"If I hear about the outcome, Oly, I'll definitely let you know :) But, who is the Luke Chapter 15? Cheers, Jack"

"Nice story. Not too familiar with the bible stories, but I'm assuming the prodigal son, killing the fatted calf etc? Roving Mike"

Mike got it right, Jack, it is the third of three parables that Jesus told - all in one go - to an interesting crowd who gathered around him, at an interesting point in his public ministry. There are two standard understandings of the story but it may have a fascinating twist when looked at from a detailed point of view which gives it a whole new meaning. A working knowledge of New Testament Greek may eliminate a possible 'third understanding' or may - possibly - confirm it. I have managed so far in life to avoid really studying any NT Greek! Have to get by, instead, with a modern English translation.

The first standard understanding of verses 11 to 32 (of Luke 15) has the father watching for the return of his son every day. Cheers, Oly

9. RovingMike

Ah so you're up for all the mis-translations eg "virgin" for the Aramaic "young woman"; "walking on" water, rather than going out on the jetty to preach. :)