1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A good review.

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Learning, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I have previously winged that a review of a Sony camera was flawed in that it did not deal with the challenges that the camera had to win.
    Its only fair to comment when a review is 'On the Right Track'. Silverstone was a good venue to demonstrate the capabilities of the EOS-1D Markll.
    But what were Canon UK, or whoever lent the camera for review, doing when they lent it without a CFast card? Is there a problem with CFast cards?
    I am not in the market for a top full frame action camera from Canon or Nikon but have recently taken delivery of a Nikon D500, a sort of mini version of such machines. I used it initially with a CF card and then with a Sony G series XQD card.
    With the XQD in the Nikon one can immediately totally ignore buffering. Just forget it. It isn't an issue.
    This is not a critisism of AP or Nick Dungan who have done a good job. It is a comment that the camera was not supplied with the ideal memory card.

2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I of course meant SD not CF

3. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I assume that you were referring to the MkII version of the recent Eos 1DX?