1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

A few hours in London

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Smartiepants, Aug 15, 2019.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Me too. I cross out in my mind any that have been done, but there is one I saw in a competition (that did badly) that I absolutely want to see how it was done. It was in Leadenhall St, corner of Lime St and somehow Willis Towers curled over Lloyds. I simply can't replicate it with any lens. But mostly I look for lines, reflections and context, so more documentary and less about juxtapositions.

Smartiepants likes this.
  2. RovingMike

Sorry, wrong place. I was thinking of The Garden at 120. Not been up the top, but I must. This shows the live ceiling in the entrance hall. It changes between what look like live views from the top and other places.

3. Smartiepants

Smartiepants Well-Known Member

Thank you, I'll add that to my list, love that ceiling

4. RovingMike

Hard to shoot it, it is very big. I just had a quick snap and moved on:

[​IMG]P4190146 by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

5. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Nicely done, Martin :) and, if that's what you can do with a few spare hours, I can only imagine what you could
    do with a full day or, god forbid, a weekend :eek: .... ;)

Cheers,

Jack

6. Smartiepants

James Quinn and Done_rundleCams like this.
  7. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Less cloud certainly in 1,3 & 4, think the Gherkin is about right. One thing I am seeing is a rather greenish tone to the blues, is that intentional?

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  8. Smartiepants

yes it was, again it was a frequently used preset in lightroom that I like the look of

Done_rundleCams likes this.