1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Couple of Questions for GX8 Owners

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Minolta_7, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Minolta_7

Minolta_7 New Member

I’ve almost convinced myself to get a GX8 but I’d like to pick the brains of a GX8 owner if possible. I wondered what the dynamic range is like (I’d like use it to take reference photos for artwork) and is the view finder usable? I have a camera where the photo is a cropped version of what you see through the viewfinder so I always have to use the monitor. Although it is a thirteen year old pocket camera that was bundled with my first computer, hopefully the GX8's viewfinder is better than that :)

2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

The viewfinder is an Electronic ViewFinder giving 100% coverage which means what you see is what you get.
    Cameras that have Optical viewfinders don't always give you that. As to dynamic range if my compact is anything to go by you should find it OK. My only caveat would be to make sure you have good lighting conditions.

3. Minolta_7

Minolta_7 New Member

4. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I would be careful buying from Amazon Marketplace- they have been known to sell fakes (not Amazon but some sellers).
    SanDisk are a good make and if they are genuine are good cards.

5. Minolta_7

Minolta_7 New Member

Thanks yes, I'm always a bit leery of buying from Marketplace sellers.

6. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I tend to buy my SD cards from Wilko or Boots...

7. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

The last couple I bought, I got via (not from) Amazon.

They were for the D80, which can only handle up to 4GB cards. Locally, the only ones i could find under 16GB were in Maplins. 2GB at £9 a time - their cheap ones are only available on-line. Found an Amazon Marketplace seller, selling genuine Nikon 4GB cards for about a fiver each. Got the last two.

8. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I guard my 2GB cards carefully - they're the only ones I have that my D50 can cope with...:rolleyes: