1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7Dayshop Wireless Remote query

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Staropramen, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Staropramen

Staropramen Well-Known Member

I have a (very cheap) wireless remote control from 7Dayshop but regardless of the settings on my K10D - via the Func button and menu options, and reading the manual several times - I cannot get it to work. The battery is fine BTW and the K10D waits patiently for a signal.

I assumed that the remote control might be faulty, so 7Dayshop have kindly sent a replacement. However, this too doesn't fire the shutter. I assume that I have missed a vital configuration, but I cannot see how: the K10D doesn't have many relevant menu options.

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions please?

2. Gromit

Gromit RIP

It seems to be very hit and miss as to whether these remotes work. I've tried three of them on a K200D with no luck, although I have a friend who says they work with his camera. He's not local to me so we haven't had a chance to test his remote with my camera. Luckily 7day will always refund your money if it doesn't work.

3. Gromit

Gromit RIP

You can always check if the remote is transmitting a signal by pointing it at a digital camera with a live view - a mobile phone camera is ideal. The infra-red signal should be visible on the camera's screen.

4. Staropramen

Staropramen Well-Known Member

Thanks. I forgot about the live view test. The remote both appear to transmit. I have a wired Neewer remote/timer that is fine so I'll send the wireless ones back unless a solution emerges over the weekend. Hardly worth it for £1.49, but it is (almost) the price of a bag of chips.