1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6d Replacement LCD screen supplier suggestions

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by newbonic, Jul 5, 2017.

1. newbonic

newbonic Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I've whacked my EOS 6d (2012 model) against a rock and cracked the LCD view screen on the back of its body. It still works but looks unsightly and is obviously weakened, so I've decided to replace it (and put a good screen protector on it!).

I've had a look at some vids on YouTube for the replacement procedure, and it looks doable of you have the right tools and are careful.

However, I'm having difficulty sourcing the part - the Canon website just seems to keep trying to flog me a new camera or lens, and most of the suppliers on eBay seem to be based in China with the odd US one.

The Chinese ones look very cheap though, albeit at the risk of unknown quality and possibly being hammered for import duty.

Can anyone recommend a reliable place to get EOS 6D spares from?

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

3. newbonic

newbonic Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll ask them for a quote for the part.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

They did my 5D when the mirror came off (about a month before Canon dropped it as a warranty repair). Canon list their approved repairers but cannot remember where in their website.