1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4am Project

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by Scphoto, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

http://4amproject.org/

Project about taking pictures at 4am. They are planning an event 21st June. So your opportunity to go out early and shoot pictures.

It's based around Flickr, so you'll need an account to join in.

(ps i'm not responsible for the site, but I know the lady who is)

2. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

Ah... forgot... :|

G>

3. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

I was awake at 4am this morning, but my main concren then was getting my daughter back to sleep and then crashing back to bed myself.

4. pachinkofan

was 4am Sunday 21st, so at least I'm not alone in not being able ;)

G>

5. Scphoto

It can be 4am any day, but Sunday was an arranged event. And I'm still yawning attempting to get over it. Strawberries and Champagne at 5am was unusual.

6. Scphoto

Another opportunity to join in with the madness that is getting up at 4am and taking pictures.

This sunday morning at 04:00, see the link in the first post for details. If you're in Brum, you might still be able to get tickets (free) for the event at the Custard Factory.

We've been allowed in to the bodies revealed exhibition to shoot well bits of bodies. Which should be good as the weather forecast at 04:00 on Sunday looks quite grim.

7. Scphoto

As it's appeared in the news section today thought I'd add some links here:

Flickr
    Twitter

Sunday the 4th April is the 1st Birthday of the project, so get up early (unlike me last year as I was drunk)

8. Scphoto

Almost time for another venture out on the 4amProject. A few weeks advance warning this time: Be ready for 17th October. As before take pictures whereever you are 04:00am and upload to Flickr (details on 4amProject.org).

9. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

You have to be kidding. We've only just got our younger daughter sleeping through the night. You're having a laugh if you think that after more than 18 months of disturbed nights I'll getting out of my pit for this! :eek:

10. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

you should be the xpert at getting up then.... :D

11. pachinkofan

Fingers crossed I remember it this time, but I don't know how dark it'll be out. Might have to be careful what in the harbour I take.
    Still being unemployed it might be a struggle :p 4pm yeah, 4am... well ;)

12. Scphoto

Ive not decided what to shoot yet at 4am, got a few thoughts nothing set though.

13. pachinkofan

well, fingers crossed my alarm wakes me and not the gf/her son.
    Got my old bicycle hi-viz packed in the camera bag, tripod attachment set, and ready to just pick up and wander, and printing off a page from the site in case anyone thinks I'm the only mad one up at that time of the day :)

edit: just realised there's a whole screed of stuff under the part of the page I saw before... [printer asked if I wanted to print the 12 pages lol]

am off to read it a bit and cross my fingers we wake then

G>

14. Scphoto

I'm off around Birmingham in a few hours, meeting up with a few others. Good to see it's stopped raining, feels cold though.

15. pachinkofan

Hope you all had fun, and next time I'll need to arrange some sort of meet, as it might get me out of bed on time for once... :(

16. Scphoto

Indeed, was a nice one. Though did tread on a rough sleeper in an old disused building. It was very dark and was blinded a bit by my own flash. (should have done a recce first).

I'll post some stuff later (in the correct place) when I get round to waking up properly.

17. Scphoto

Be ready for 24th April

24/04 is the big day. Put it in your diary. Set your alarm clock!
    Play your part in compiling a global snapshot capturing the world at 4am.

As before I'll post some shots when I wake up, should be interesting ones for me as we've got access to Birmingham Central Library for a while, but wherever you are take a shot between 04:00 and 05:00 and show the world! Details of flickr site and tags etc are linked on 4amproject.org

18. rhody247

rhody247 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link - mind, body and spirit willing - I'll give it a go.
    I'm not sure how coordinated and creative I'll be at 4am though