1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

30 years of Canon EOS

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by EightBitTony, May 16, 2017.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

There's some ugly cameras in this lineup.

2. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

I had the original eos Rebel, it was the same as eos 1000f but no built in flash. Later I bought an eos 50e that I still have and sometimes use.At the moment I use a eos 600D.

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

That'll be the 1000...

4. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

Probably yes, I online ever saw the 1000f in the stores. Fortunately I have a cousin that at the time traveled regularly to the USA and he brought a Rebel for me for a fraction of the price. Good times.

5. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I was so furious at the way they dropped the FD mount that it was about 15 years before I bought another Canon. I have calmed down a bit now.

EightBitTony likes this.
  6. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

I think most cameras are ugly, thanks for the reminder, its the same with cars, a bit like the early Skoda's and they took years to get get right but in the end they got there....

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Originally there was the 1000 and the 1000F, then they were replaced by the 1000N and 1000FN with an improved shutter, windon, and an odd soft focus mode and tunes for the self timer.

8. Stevet

Stevet Well-Known Member

I had got a EOS650 when it first came out, with 50mm 1.8, 28mm f2.8 and a 70-210 atom (f4?). The two primes are still in my camera bag(s) and the zoom is in my study somewhere. I think the body may be there also - must have a look.

Served me well for years until I took the digital plunge when the EOS 300D was announced, and stuck with that until getting a 7D. I would like to go full-frame, but feel I have to get a bit more use out of the 7D first.