1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

13th September 2014 Bill Brandt's nude emulation

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Catriona, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Interesting treatment of this gorgeous nude study (note, nude?).

It was a shame you ended up having to make adjustments to get rid of clothing. A shame, because you've lost the crispness with perhaps too much feather (or smoothing) against her arm, which detracts from the more stark feel and look of Brandt's work. I had to smile that in this day and age, your model seems lacking something under her arm. :rolleyes:

Great to see the work featuring though, so thank you!

Kate

2. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

Political Correctness creeping in, Nigel? Or couldn't you persuade her to get her kit off!:p

3. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Don't worry Nigel; you can't win 'em all. The previous reincarnations of classics were very successful.

4. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

To my eyes, I think this week's (6 June, 2015; Angus McBean copy" is one of the best carried out.

5. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Yes, I also commented positively as an extra on another thread. The catch lights in the eyes are especially better. There was a distraction under the chin that could be improved.