1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

120 size film storage

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Malcolm_Stewart, May 6, 2017.

1. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Some years ago I had a 120 film E6 processed, and it was returned in 3 strips of 4 exposures. My filing system takes strips of 3 exposures. I don't want to cut the strip any more. Can anyone point me to a UK supplier of 120 size filing sheets which take 4 exposures in a strip, probably vertically? I've found one supplier, but their postal charges are somewhat high for a small order, and at the moment, I'm well supplied with darkroom items.

Many thanks

2. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

I don't think you will find one, its very annoying is it not....I used to put mine in long envelopes with a transparent address opening, but I dont think they are available now either.....sorry.

3. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Malcolm,

Printfile. Frances and I have used their stuff for decades, though not the model you want (3 strips of 4 negs, code 120-3HB), simply because we've never needed them. Silverprint carries (or used to carry) most of the Printfile line.

Cheers,

R.

4. Malcolm_Stewart

Thank you both for your help.
    The range of Printfile items from Silverprint doesn't include what I'm looking for, and the Printfile UK distributor has none either, or is offering minimum quantities of 100, so I'll stick with Firstcall Photographic, and pay their postage. I must be able to find something of interest in their range to lessen the per item postal charges impact.

5. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

6. Malcolm_Stewart

Dave, Thanks for your help, but very early this morning I placed my order with Firstcall Photographic and added a pack of 10x8 Multigrade paper to the order, to make their postal costs more acceptable.
    All I have to do now is to complete the sorting out of my darkroom (it's turned into a tool and household bits store) so that I can make space for the Leica Focomat V35 I bought last winter. I've done no proper darkroom work since around ~2002 when I was doing my own E6 processing, although I did dabble with 5" x 4" about a decade ago. Meanwhile, I'm finding the ergonomics of my newly purchased Leica M6 less convincing than I expected - it will be a long time before I can rattle off more than 1 shot every 3 seconds!

7. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

I get most of my stuff from Firstcall photographic .
    Normally I order quite a large amount at a time and pay the full £7.99 delivery , and DPD deliver it .
    If you only want a smaller order and it will fit in a mailing bag , and is less than 1kg , you can phone an order in with them for £4.79 .
    http://www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk/delivery
    Still a chunk for postage , but worth bearing in mind .