1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100mm filters - can you get rings to fit all lenses?

Discussion in 'Other Brands & Accessories' started by Calystab, Apr 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Calystab

Calystab New Member

My head is going to break if I Google any more so I thought I'd do the clever thing and ask some people in the know...

I currently have a Samsung NX1000 (or rather I did until I dropped it on a hike) and I've always used Cokin P filters. Since my camera is dead, I'm looking to upgrade and get a Canon 70D, probably just with the stock 18-55 lens for the time being. Soooooo I'm going to have to upgrade my filter system. I was looking to get a 100mm system to account for any future lens purchases however the Canon lens is 58mm and I cannot find any rings that go from 58mm to 100mm.

After all that waffle... Do I need to go for a smaller filter system, or do these elusive rings exist?

Any advice appreciated!

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

3. Calystab

Calystab New Member

Thank you! For some reason adapter rings are what hurt my head the most, I just cannot get my head around them or find them.

4. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

If you have P series filters they should be OK on your 70D/18-55 combo. I have used them on my APS format Canons without a problem - the only exception being my 10-20mm which does vignette a bit at the shorter end.