1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

はじめまして!

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Sangetsu, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Sangetsu

Sangetsu Member

Hello from Japan.

I happened upon this forum as I was wandering around on the internet (I seem to be suffering from a little insomnia lately). Photography has been my favourite hobby for some years, and I seldom go out without a camera in my hand or in my bag.

For the most part, I am a film shooter. I prefer old film SLR and rangefinder cameras, but I also do a little medium format from time to time. I also like to collect cameras, mainly old news cameras and anything else which I can find a good deal on. I don't have the facilities for a proper darkroom, but I do like to develop my own film, and have it printed elsewhere.

I am located in central Tokyo, and have lived here for some years now. Anyone who is interested in information about Japan, please feel free to ask.

宜しくお願いします

2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Welcome! We have a few film shooters here, so you are in good company. Quite a few of us are insomniacs too. :)

Kate

3. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Welcome and nice to meet you too!

I've mostly given up film photography but have a small collection of older cameras, mainly 1914 - 1939 which do get a roll put through them very occasionally.

4. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Hello Sangetsu, welcome to the forum ! :)

5. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Welcome. I believe we have at least one other member based in Japan.

6. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Hello, Sangetsu, and welcome to the AP forums!

I also enjoy shooting film, and do the occasional roll of 120, mostly in vintage cameras from the 1940s and 1950s, such as the Zeiss Super Ikonta or Mamiya Six.

I look forward to seeing some of your pictures.