1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

• Nikon raises prices again • Breaking News

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by CSBC, Feb 20, 2009.

1. CSBC

CSBC RIP (News Editor)

2. Skyline_kid

Skyline_kid Well-Known Member

Bloody marvelous! That 70-200 F2.8 is ever growing out of my reach :(

3. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Not entirely true, I saw the list on Wednesday. List for a D3 is going to be £3999.99. IIRC list for the 70-200 AF-S VR f:2.8 is going to be £1599.99 :( :( :(

4. Skyline_kid

Skyline_kid Well-Known Member

Takes the pi$$, Seriously considering selling off all my gear and going back to playing with cars, :mad:

5. beejaybee

beejaybee Marvin

Why not just refrain from buying any more gear?

Of course, if the price rises continue (and they will), the choice will be taken from your hands.

The Govt needs to act NOW on inflation. Interest rate rise to 50% please.

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

What an utterly idiotic idea that could only be floated by someone with zero interest in the economy outside of their own earnings on savings. That really would make inflation rise, destroy what we have left of the economy, put everyone out of work and so on. Interest rates should've been lower earlier, MUCH earlier - putting them up when prices rose through events that couldn't be influenced by raising interest rates is a signigficant part of the problem.

7. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

Look on the bright side - it'll make Canon gear look cheap ... :rolleyes:

8. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

The way things are going, it'll soon be making Leica gear look cheap! :D

9. Overread

Overread Well-Known Member

Re: • Nikon raises prices again • Breaking News

Not surprised - I am expecting another canon rise as well :(

10. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

I think BeeJayBee forgot to put this /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif at the end of his post ;)

Due to all the cuts in interest rates, our NSI savings are now getting just 0.45%, there is no insentive now for people to save....... :(

Yes the interest rate cuts are great for mortgage payers, but not for us who have no earnings income and are living on ever dwindling savings.

IMHO (and I`m entitled to it :D)Gordon Brown as ex chancellor, and now PM has really screwed the country :mad:

11. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

No "IMHO" about it, it's true. Just look at his special tax on pensions companies a few years back, and what that started, for one example of his blundering incompetence

12. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

It's far too simplistic to balme it on one man. The facts that there's a global recession, that the UK as a population was in high levels of personal debt and pure unadultorated greed in the financial markets have far more to do with the problems the country's having at the moment. I'm no fan of Brown, but the blame lies at the feet of many.

13. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Quite right. To incentivise people to save at this point in a recession would be barking mad.

Sorry, but the hard facts of the matter are that to get through this recession relies on people being able to pay their mortgages and start spending again, and for companies to be able to guarantee cashflow and make sales, and you won't do either of those with higher interest rates. Regrettably, and probably unfairly, it's the savers who have to suffer, but that's the way of life - it's not fair. Unless you can get communism to work properly, that is...

That's a rather different matter! Still, I would far rather have Brown in power than Beejaybee with his recipe to utterly destroy the place. ;)

14. Overread

Overread Well-Known Member

I suppose it depends - one way is a long slow death - the other is much quicker! ;)
    I know which one the vet would pick (but then get does get paid for it)

15. RonnieG

RonnieG Well-Known Member

The mortgage %% issue is a sore point...

I'm, and I'm sure many others, looked for fixed deals in the 12 months prior to the downturn starting. So NO savings there.

Rg

16. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Indeed, i'm fixed at 6.38% till September 2010, Though just spoken to some bank with a 3% tracker and i'd only save £20 a month once I added the early repayment charge on.

Still only got 8 years 8 months left :)

17. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Ah, well I'm on standard variable rate with a genuine Building Society, as I suspected rates were only going one way when my fixed-rate deal finished. Initially, they did - up - but since then it's gone the right way, so I've been able to pay a little more off the mortgage and can consider a Mk II to do my bit for the economy. ;)

18. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

Or not buy the MkII and pay more of your mortgage off............ ;) /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif :D

Managing to get my Mortgage paid off has made life a lot easier for me, I have put more money in to savings, which as said earlier,is not earning me as much as a few months ago.

Does this make me a winner or loser though, that is the question.

19. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

You're quite right - that's the choice. Usual head v heart thing. ;)

20. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Short term, possibly a loser; long term, almost certainly a winner. Once the recession is over, I suspect there will be thought given to encourage saving - just not now.