1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£80,000 Beach Hut........

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hotblack, May 9, 2008.

1. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

.....in Southwold.

Not yours is it, Pam?

Seen on BBC news this morning but can't find a link :(

2. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

No, Pam's is the £100,000 one.......................but £99,999 of that went on paint for it mind! ;)

BigWill

3. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

That's funny - I was thinking about going down there today. ;)

Ours is in Walton-on-the-Naze, very close to Frinton-on-Sea.

4. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Come global warming, lots of people are going to have much more expensive ones than that! :eek:

5. Hotblack

Frinton?????? Really???? Incontinent are we???

6. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

That's cheap by Dorset standards,
    Mudeford (locally pronounced Muddyfurd with not much sign of the "R") is part of Christchurch, just east of Bournemouth.

7. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

How anyone can justify spending huge amounts on what is basically a shed, has more money than sense IMHO.

I suppose they will say that they now have a holiday home, but do they have to pay council tax on it?

8. Garry McNamara

Garry McNamara Well-Known Member

Not council tax but I do pay the council £400 a year for mine - not quite sure what I get for that as I own it lease hold so all I can assume is it's a type of ground rent as there's no lighting, waste desposal etc.

There are hell of a lot cheaper in Sussex then - mine cost a tenth of that a couple of years ago so I suppose it might have gone into five figures by now.

Next door I have a couple from Sheffield. I convinced them that people buy them so they can get their kids into a decent school in the local catchment area. I must sound sincere!

9. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

We pay ground rent on ours, Garry, so that's probably where your £400 goes.

People who holiday/go to the beach in Frinton are perfectly normal. It's the folk that live there you have to watch out for. Did anyone see the documentary "The Curious World Of Frinton-on-Sea"? I am so scared of the woman in the curios shop. :eek: I can imagine the immortal line "This is a local shop..." being spoken by her.

10. Seven

Seven ..or eight

not one of these is it! ;)

[​IMG]

11. Garry McNamara

Garry McNamara Well-Known Member

That's actually based on a shop quite near mine - it's closed 11 months a year, has a single snowglobe and a shire horse in the window and a lot of pegboard.

12. Hotblack

But aren't they part of our cultural heritage? Seems no different to forking out squillions on old Cold War bombers. And if somebody wants to pay for it, let them.

13. Hotblack

Yep! I know they only pick the really loony ones to make more interesting(??) telly. It was a bit of a giggle though. :)

14. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Frinton? As in;

"I don't know why you keep looking upward when you mention mother - you know perfectly well she's living in Frinton with a sailor."

"That's a terrible thing to say! That's a bloody terrible thing to say! Soap-and-water. Do you think my wife would have left me? Do you think your mother would have left me? She loved me as I loved her. Good Lord! Do you think your mother would have gone off to live with some dirty matelot in Frinton? She worshipped the ground I walked on!"

"She liked the ground, but she didn't care for you, father." :rolleyes: