1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£6000 and the tight b******s only include one miserley 4GB card

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Learning, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Advertisements are banned so guess, but I suspect that those looking for upmarket Nikon gear know who I mean. For that order I would expect at least 2 x 8GB cards and a few more goodies such as 10pin leads and software.

2. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

I have absolutely no idea what you are on about!

3. chris000

chris000 Well-Known Member

Why make a fuss? If it bothers you just exercise your right to buy elsewhere.

4. Overread

Overread Well-Known Member

or go online (where deals don't exist, but prices are cheaper).
    Half the time you have to get a highstreet store to do a deal on prices to get them as low as online anyway

5. Photocracy

Photocracy Well-Known Member

I might be able to help out here.

The poster "suspects" those "looking" so it's obviously about a suspicious bunch of nosey people. Advertisements are banned so whatever it is about, it's pretty revolting and we're allowed to guess, so it's probably something to do with pilchards. There's something about a new "order" where Great Britain has become 2 x 8 times bigger (i.e. 16 times its present size) and the Goodies have made a comeback. Finally, there's a special offer for 10pence worth in leads and software. :D

(Learning, I hope you don't mind my bit of fun. I love playing with words and yours were just begging!)

6. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Buy a £60,000 car and a full tank of fuel is not included (so I am told - I wish I had the money to find out for myself).
    What's the problem? Who'd spend £6,000 on a camera without first having worked their way up to it, such that they would already have some memory cards amongst their photo gear?

7. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Well, if it's something on jessies website... why didn't Learning just post a link to it?

You're not allowed to advertise your own stuff on here but people are always putting links to gear they've seen online.

8. mjc7uk

mjc7uk Well-Known Member

I would have assume that the most of the people who would prepare to pay such amount on gear, wouldn't need such freebies as they 'may' have already "got it".

I would thought it's up to the buyer to "bargain" with the seller...

Oh well, I'd better go and haggle for an additional spare wheel for Honda CBR125R... :D

9. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Why is it the only things I'm given free with purchases are things I wouldn't choose for myself? I wouldn't use a bag full of memory cards if they were Woolworth's own brand.

10. beejaybee

beejaybee Marvin

They're giving away the garbage they can't sell, and making you feel as though you're getting a bargain. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. sey

sey Well-Known Member

the thinking is simple:

if you can afford to pay 6K for kit, you can afford to buy your extras.

same as paying running costs of the motor you buy. the more expensive the car, the more it costs to run.

so you just buy what you can afford to run.

12. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Re: What ???? You didn't .......

...haggle with them for a couple of hours for an extra one of these bad boys....
    .... [​IMG]

:D

Jack

13. Nealxs

Nealxs Well-Known Member

Re: What ???? You didn't .......

It costs you £6k, but then they will be making profits in line with anything else you buy, be it 31p worth of Value coleslaw or a top end camera. It costs them a lot to make it and then the profit in paying skilled people to frabricate, market, deliver, sell it, hence not being able to give you more free.