1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£200 to spend

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by dcscoot, Sep 4, 2007.

1. dcscoot

dcscoot New Member

I have around £200 to spend on a compact digital camera, what should I buy ? with the amount of cameras around any advice would be gladly received.

thanks in advance :D
    PS I have been looking at the Panasonic FX30

2. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

You don't say what you want the camera for. Just for general photography or any special requirements?.
    We used to own an older Panasonic and they are very capable pieces of equipment so you won't have any problem with one, just make sure that it meets your needs.
    If you just want a general, every day camera then go into your local shop, talk to the staff and handle/try out the cameras on offer. Make your choice based on how comfortable it is to hold, where the controls are in relation to your fingers etc, weight and size - all things that could make you love or hate the camera in a few months time!
    Any decent shop will let you take a few trial pics from the doorway, so try as many as possible and then decide what to hand over your cash (or plastic!) for.

3. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Why do you bother?

There are three stickies on this topic that should have been read before this post was written.

MickLL

4. dcscoot

dcscoot New Member

Thanks Dave
    I will keep your coments in mind when off to purchase (it is for general use)