Thread: ACR ... raw or Raw?

ACR ... raw or Raw?

I've been re-reading Adobe Photoshop Focus Guide #70 entitled 'Raw Photo Editing' as, although I've been using ACR for quite some time now, I thought it would do no harm to go back and see if I'd previously missed anything that I could use to improve my processing skills.

I've frequently read here and in the pages of AP that the word 'raw' in this context is always spelt with a lower case 'r' ... as in raw.

However, throughout the aforementioned publication, the word is invariably spelt with an upper case 'R' ... is in Raw.

It's Adobe's programme, so surely the way they spell it is the correct one?
    Rupert

I know you believe you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realise what you heard is not what I meant

Re: ACR ... raw or Raw?

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert49 View Post
    Well, raw is a word describing a file format (just as you could describe uncooked food); Adobe Camera Raw is the name of a utility.

Re: ACR ... raw or Raw?

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert49 View Post
    I've been re-reading Adobe Photoshop Focus Guide #70 entitled 'Raw Photo Editing' as, although I've been using ACR for quite some time now, I thought it would do no harm to go back and see if I'd previously missed anything that I could use to improve my processing skills.
    I've frequently read here and in the pages of AP that the word 'raw' in this context is always spelt with a lower case 'r' ... as in raw.
    However, throughout the aforementioned publication, the word is invariably spelt with an upper case 'R' ... is in Raw.
    ACR is Adobe's program and Raw is the way they choose to write it but there are many raw converters of which ACR is only one. The word is just the ordinary English word "raw" so should be treated as such and not capitalised - it's not an acronym.
    Rog