Thread: SuperAntispyware

SuperAntispyware

Having picked up a couple of threats yesterday I downloaded and then ran SuperAntispyware from the trusted FileHippo.
    It ran for about an hour and picked up 15 trojans and other nasties that AVG,Malwarebytes and Emsisoft had missed.

Anyone else used this program?
    Dave NRIPN

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all - Albert King
    Blues is a healer - John Lee Hooker
    my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/daisoap/

Re: SuperAntispyware

I have used SuperAntiSpyware, MalwareBytes and SpywareBlaster along with Avast Free Home for many years and can count the number of "nasties" I received on one hand. I have never seen the kind of difference between MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware that you experienced though.
    Does the picture turn out differently than what you see in the viewfinder?

I tried it this morning. A full scan on two machines. It found a load of tracking cookies, but that was all.

I use MSE and Malwarebytes on a routine basis.
    Chris

My memory is getting worse . . . and my conscience clearer

I've used SuperAntispyware a number of times and have always been very satisfied with its performance. I use the free version. I don't think the paid version brings enough added value for the price.

I've also helped to remove some very nasty spyware on colleague's computers. We all get them at times. At work, I often need to find headshots of celebrities, and some sites can be real land mines, as far as spyware and malware is concerned.

I do regular monthly scans of the household computers, as well as defrags and routine "housecleaning" chores on my PCs. I always recommend that everyone do this, but few do.
    -Mike

I use the free version and Malwarebytes free one. I have MSE running all the time. Malwarebytes has saved my bacon once. So far, SA seems to only find tracking cookies.

Since the major PC crash a couple of months ago resulting in a complete rebuild,I run all anti virus,malware,spyware programs daily.
    It`s also important to make sure they are up to date and to that end I use Filehippo`s Update Checker which regularly alerts you of any available updates.

Malwarebytes,Emsisoft and Superantispyware are all manually updated by me every morning.

It may seem paranoid but better safe than sorry.
    Dave NRIPN

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all - Albert King
    Blues is a healer - John Lee Hooker
    my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/daisoap/