Thread: Panasonic fz150

Panasonic fz150

I have recently purchased the panasonic fz150 and having problems with video playback. When video is downloaded it plays back in slow motion although speech is in "real" time so they are both out of sync

Video plays back normal when viewed on camera

Re: Panasonic fz150

Reads like you machine is not upto the job of playback.

HD Video is higher resolution than old version PAL. Therefore requires more processing power to playback on a computer.

What kind of computer do own you at this time? Make/model?

The FZ150 has various video capture modes.

Video can be captured in either AVCHD or MPEG4

MPEG4 is easier to edit and run on a computer.

AVCHD needs a fast computer.

With AVCHD, you can record in full HD (1920 x 1080), including one option in AVCHD at 60fps

There is also AVCHD Lite at 1280 x 720 at 30fps.

MP4 choices are 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720 or 640 x 480, at 30fps.

So, try the different recording modes. Download them all to your computer and see which ones run.

Use the one that works

Use Windows Live Movie Maker to try them out Clicky http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/products/features/movie-maker

Cheers!

Thanks so much for the replies. I am so glad its not a problem with the camera

I am playing back on a HP netbook so would presume it has limitations will try the different settings as suggested. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by gerilew View Post
    Thanks so much for the replies. I am so glad its not a problem with the camera

I am playing back on a HP netbook so would presume it has limitations will try the different settings as suggested. Thanks again
    If you are running say XP. Then goto control panel off start button. Find the system option and click on that it will give you the speed and type of CPU you have installed. Then tell us the values. We can then judge if the machine has enough muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by P_Stoddart View Post
    If you are running say XP. Then goto control panel off start button. Find the system option and click on that it will give you the speed and type of CPU you have installed. Then tell us the values. We can then judge if the machine has enough muscle.
    It's probably the Intel Atom N2600. Processor speed 1.6GHz with 1GB DDR3 RAM.

No chance running AVCHD lol - I use mine mainly for email and forum browsing when travelling