Thread: GoPro ... what the heck is it?

GoPro ... what the heck is it?

I've just read about this on ... http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/ ... It goes on to say that Sony will be concentrating on the Nex CSC cameras and on these GoPro things. Well, I'm looking at updating my Alpha 350 soon and was looking at the 65 or the 77 as a replacement. But if they aren't going to do anything along those lines then I shall be looking for another camera system ... and the Nikon 5100 is look all the more tempting!

Ron

Re: GoPro ... what the heck is it?

A GoPro is in the same category as Sony's Bloggie and it's only SR3 so I don't see any reason to get excited one way or another. Hardly reflects on Sony's "serious" cameras.

Re: GoPro ... what the heck is it?

I'd be very interested in seeing Sony show GoPro how "wearable cameras" should be done. I have a GoPro helmet hero but it's not great...the waterproof housing and range of mounting accessories is good but the actual cameras are, I feel, a let down even if they were half the price they are.
    Andrew

A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry