Thread: What could explain this?

What could explain this?

I am see this issue on the front door of the site.

Yet it should be this

I tried a F5(refresh) and still get last week's copy on the home page of the site.

Raised this with Karen, she told be all is well.

Any idea?

Re: What could explain this?

Back in the day, when it was one of my tasks to update the cover image, we wouldn't update until the day it was due to hit the news-stands, Tuesday IIRC.
    TheFatControlleR
    Resident Cynic

'But above all, he should be taught to yield to the truth, and to lay down his arms as soon as he discovers it, whether it appears in his opponents argument, or to himself in his own thoughts.' - Michel de Montaigne (on the education of children)

'Everybody is in favour of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled. But some people’s idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone says anything back, that is an outrage.' - Winston Churchill

'Live fat, die young, and leave a self-basting corpse for the burn up...' - TFC

Which, correct me if I am wrong, would be tomorrow for the issue cover dated 5 May

PS Regards contacting the Online Manager (Karen)... please reserve this for matters concerning the site build, functionality etc. rather than content

https://www.facebook.com/Amateur.photographer.magazine
    Like AP on Facebook!
    Have an enquiry re AP? Contact AP http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/contact/.
    For issues concerning the forum/site build please contact the Online Manager > here <

Quote Originally Posted by mark_jacobs View Post
    Which, correct me if I am wrong, would be tomorrow for the issue cover dated 5 May

PS Regards contacting the Online Manager (Karen)... please reserve this for matters concerning the site build, functionality etc. rather than content
    So this is the right place for content issues? Just so I understand.

As for updates I have seen it change pretty much every Sat since being on the forum. Because the subscriber do get it on Sat morning ( well in theory anyway ). So the issue seem to go live once the other has expired.

So I am not imagining things it is showing 28/04/2012 as of this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by P_Stoddart View Post
    So this is the right place for content issues? Just so I understand.
    Yes although forum members are welcome to highlight functionality issues here as well. However as per my previous advice - and the Online Managers request - direct communication regards the site build (details within my signature) is best

Quote Originally Posted by P_Stoddart View Post
    As for updates I have seen it change pretty much every Sat since being on the forum. Because the subscriber do get it on Sat morning ( well in theory anyway ). So the issue seem to go live once the other has expired.
    I can't be sure but I believe that you are mistaken We'll see what tomorrow brings. The on sale date is the Tuesday preceding the cover date.

regards
    m

https://www.facebook.com/Amateur.photographer.magazine
    Like AP on Facebook!
    Have an enquiry re AP? Contact AP http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/contact/.
    For issues concerning the forum/site build please contact the Online Manager > here <

Quote Originally Posted by mark_jacobs View Post
    Yes although forum members are welcome to highlight functionality issues here as well. However as per my previous advice - and the Online Managers request - direct communication regards the site build (details within my signature) is best

I can't be sure but I believe that you are mistaken We'll see what tomorrow brings. The on sale date is the Tuesday preceding the cover date.

regards
    m
    Pretty sure last week updated late Sat or early Sun. I recall because quite interested in the D800 review.

I don't subscribe so therefore wait until Tues.

See the latest on here ASAP make me aware of the which issue to seek out.

I tend to go out early on Tues for other reason so not on computer.

Maybe with the new site build the policy has changed? Although the online team I believe are very busy at this time looking at other improvements.

The new site changes the cover on the day it goes on-sale to the news stand, so that it reflects what is actually on sale on that day.

The old site did this as well, however you could also see the next issue coming on sale by selecting 'Next Issue', which is maybe what you're thinking of?

You can still see the next issue coming up, once it's been added on this page: http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...12/back-issues. Hopefully we're going to be able to improve how this page looks later on and perhaps get a separate 'Next Issue' page.

It usually gets added on the Thursday or Friday before the magazine comes out, once the cover has gone to press.

By the way - you can let me know about content issues too that relate to the website. Though if it's something someone else looks after I will probably pass it onto them.

Thanks

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by KarenS View Post
    The new site changes the cover on the day it goes on-sale to the news stand, so that it reflects what is actually on sale on that day.

The old site did this as well, however you could also see the next issue coming on sale by selecting 'Next Issue', which is maybe what you're thinking of?

You can still see the next issue coming up, once it's been added on this page: http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...12/back-issues. Hopefully we're going to be able to improve how this page looks later on and perhaps get a separate 'Next Issue' page.

It usually gets added on the Thursday or Friday before the magazine comes out, once the cover has gone to press.

By the way - you can let me know about content issues too that relate to the website. Though if it's something someone else looks after I will probably pass it onto them.

Thanks

Karen
    Ah, yes that rings a bell. There was a next issues tab above. Which probably I did use to make a mental note of what to look for.

Thanks for the tip.