Thread: Fuji S2 Pro Help Needed

Fuji S2 Pro Help Needed

Hi, hope someone can help me. I have a Fuji s2 Pro which has been working fine, but all of sudden the photos are coming out a purple colour, blurred and looks like they have been smudged from right to left. I have photo's that I can send to someone to look at.

Hope its something that can be easily fixed?

Please help.

Thanks

Jamie

Re: Fuji S2 Pro Help Needed

Quote Originally Posted by jamiestealth View Post
    ...I have photo's that I can send to someone...
    Welcome Jamie

I would suggest posting an example or two on the forum. See > here < http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?88257-HOW-TO-POST-IMAGES-amp-LINKS-Free-programs for advice as to how to post images

Hi - hope this works? Photo's from Photobucket -

http://s1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg635/jamiestealth/

Thanks

I had this with a Nikon D50. The sensor was terminal, so was the camera, luckily it was a cheap spare body.

:-( = oh no...... does it just happen out of the blue or would there have been some signs? One minute I was taking a few shots, then the next time I used it this happened....

It was sudden with mine, it was working fine then something like that, one photo was ok, then that was it.

Thanks for replying - looks like I will have to make do with my Nikon D70 now then :-( - shame because I always think the Fuji takes a better photo - or thats prob just me...

Just a thought, but I seem to remember that the S2 has 2 separate batteries, and when 1 of them dies, the camera can sometimes appear to be functioning, but give strange results. It might be worth checking all the batteries before giving up on the S2.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiestealth View Post
    Thanks for replying - looks like I will have to make do with my Nikon D70 now then :-( - shame because I always think the Fuji takes a better photo - or thats prob just me...
    It's you that takes the picture! The Fuji has a different sensor and produces distinctly different results, if you like the look, a dealer in this area has a used S3 pro on sale at present for 229.

Thank you for the replies - It is possible that I have faulty batteries - I will try to change them again and see if this helps :-)

I agree Nim - will take a look around locally :-)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMonro View Post
    Just a thought, but I seem to remember that the S2 has 2 separate batteries, and when 1 of them dies, the camera can sometimes appear to be functioning, but give strange results. It might be worth checking all the batteries before giving up on the S2.
    The S2 can work without the two CR123a batteries. These are only necessary to fire the built-in flash.
    Nick