Thread: Canon EOS 600D

Canon EOS 600D

Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of guidance as to where the best place would be to sell my Canon EOS 600D? It's new & unused and still in the box that it was given to me in. I realise it's second hand so don't expect to get what was paid for it.

I'm a novice and just hope that i can get some guidance by doing the right thing. I don't want to ebay such a good piece of kit.

Many thanks,
    Beetlebug83.

Re: Canon EOS 600D

Well I believe you can use the AP service.

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...ws_311762.html

PS: You not interested in photography? The 600D has a auto mode for beginners and there is alot of advice on here to help you.

Welcome Beetlebug83

perhaps my signature may provide the answer

Edit, PS crossed post with Paul

https://www.facebook.com/Amateur.photographer.magazine
    Like AP on Facebook!
    Have an enquiry re AP? Contact AP http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/contact/.
    For issues concerning the forum/site build please contact the Online Manager > here <

Aww, thank you for your help!!

I did have good intentions of using it as it's a lovely piece of kit. I also live in North Wales which has the best views in the world (haha). But, I just have not had the time and nor will i in the near future. It's currently safely stored in its box doing nothing and going to waste really.

Now for the part which will make all you genuine peeps hate me - I won it in a competition and it was marked as worth 936 as it has come with 2 lenses. One quite short and the other quite long. Times are hard and we are renovating, so the hard cash would be more use to us at the moment.

Just wasn't sure where to advertise or what to ask for it - any ideas what a realistic price would be? It came from the London Camera Exchange and I have proof that it was genuinely won in a competition.

Cheers,
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlebug83 View Post
    Aww, thank you for your help!!

I did have good intentions of using it as it's a lovely piece of kit. I also live in North Wales which has the best views in the world (haha). But, I just have not had the time and nor will i in the near future. It's currently safely stored in its box doing nothing and going to waste really.

Now for the part which will make all you genuine peeps hate me - I won it in a competition and it was marked as worth 936 as it has come with 2 lenses. One quite short and the other quite long. Times are hard and we are renovating, so the hard cash would be more use to us at the moment.

Just wasn't sure where to advertise or what to ask for it - any ideas what a realistic price would be? It came from the London Camera Exchange and I have proof that it was genuinely won in a competition.

Cheers,
    BB
    Warranty documents must be in box which will help with the sale. Read like the standard twin lenses kit.

Probably a long zoom going upto 300mm.

Re-reading you post it appears you use ebay so I am surprised not using them for the 600D.

Always worked for me in the past for cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by P_Stoddart View Post
    Warranty documents must be in box which will help with the sale. Read like the standard twin lenses kit.

Probably a long zoom going upto 300mm.

Re-reading you post it appears you use ebay so I am surprised not using them for the 600D.

Always worked for me in the past for cameras.
    If you were in my position would you give ebay a go then? I just thought that i may not get much for it on there - I have no idea what price to expect but I realsie it's techincally 2nd hand even though it's not been used. You are right, it is the twin lense kit as it's all in one Canon box (One Lense is 18-55mm and the other 55-250mm) All the paperwork is in the box un-touched. Can you give me a rough idea of asking an price - if not though, no worries.

If you were in my position would you give ebay a go then? I just thought that i may not get much for it on there - I have no idea what price to expect but I realsie it's techincally 2nd hand even though it's not been used. You are right, it is the twin lense kit as it's all in one Canon box (One Lense is 18-55mm and the other 55-250mm) All the paperwork is in the box un-touched. Can you give me a rough idea of asking an price - if not though, no worries.
    look in the ads in AP from dealers and subtract 25% ( they have to warranty goods they sell)
    Cambrian cameras in Colwyn Bay might do a commission sale - though I have not been in there for 5 years - so not sure if still there.

yes they are - just googled them
    Last edited by PeteRob; 22-03-2012 at 21:20. Reason: additional comments

As you are familiar with Ebay you should be able to take a look at completed listings to see how much these various items make.

One decision to take will be whether to sell as a package or as separate items. I suspect that you might do better selling separately.

Remember that it will cost you circa 15% to sell on Ebay with their and the Paypal charges. I would be inclined to get a guide price or prices from Ebay and then try the AP service.

Yes, technically secondhand but with a warranty etc. You can set a reserve or a buy it now price. Just look up the cost or build the ad and see what it calculates if you are not happy cancel the final stage of posting the listing. You only need the one image of the camera for sale. It tells how much the listing will cost before posting. You could explore setting a high price for the start of the auction. I do this so I know I am going to get at least that. As wrote it's work for me every time. Never had a camera not sell.

You also look up the retail price via a search then factor a discount like another member has posted.

PS: what you need it to make sure you get the P+P right. By the way I only sell in the UK, there are plenty of buyers in the UK looking for a bargain especially one with a warranty attached.