Thread: Syncing camera parameters

Syncing camera parameters

I'm having troubles synchronising parameters between two cameras, the 20D and the 30D.
    I know about the new Styles, but after comparison tests I find the differences so subtle as to not make much differerence in practise.If I were to select my favourite style it would be Autumn Hues.

I was under the impression that Neutral on 30D was equivalent to Para 2 0n 20D but I found that Neutral was less punchier than Para 2.On looking up Details I found that the measurents were different too ! Whilst the 30D showed numbered settings, the 20D showed High, Mid High, etc.

As I like to work with two cameras is there any way I can synchronise the two cameras to provide similair results without having to resort to detailed comparison tests ?

Re: Syncing camera parameters

Shoot in raw and then tinker about on the computer.

Thats what Ive been doing and its the tinkering about that Im trying to eliminate

Is that a Technica I see ?
    Last edited by geoffbubbles; 11-05-2012 at 19:40.

i don't think any given style will give exactly the same results because I am sure the sensor evolved to give a different starting point. DPP is the best place to start with raw files from both. It might be possible to define a picture style using the picture style editor that gives a more similar out-of-the-box rendition. You can upload up to three custom styles to the camera using EOS utility although I have never tried so to do.