Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leica Advice

Re: Leica Advice

Quote Originally Posted by rjbell View Post
    If you have always lusted after a leica and you really want it get that. You will only be thinking what if, if you buy anything else.
    I suppose that is true. I tried some of the Micro 4/3 cameras this weekend (including an Olympus and Sony one) - they are quite nice cameras but I don't think that I would buy one. I am hopefully going to try a Leica X1 next weekend, so that should convince me whether or not it is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by F1Luke View Post
    I suppose that is true. I tried some of the Micro 4/3 cameras this weekend (including an Olympus and Sony one) - they are quite nice cameras but I don't think that I would buy one. I am hopefully going to try a Leica X1 next weekend, so that should convince me whether or not it is for me.
    It's only money, if you don't spend it your partner or kids will!

It's only money, if you don't spend it your partner or kids will!
    Good point!

If you're not getting a proper Leica you may as well get the Panasonic Equivalent.
    Al

[Insert clever comment here]

Quote Originally Posted by AJUK View Post
    If you're not getting a proper Leica you may as well get the Panasonic Equivalent.
    This is a proper leica and there is no panny equiv, your thinking of the d-lux.

This is a proper leica and there is no panny equiv, your thinking of the d-lux.
    Yes true, that's why I am not going to get one of the D-Lux cameras. I will try out an X1 this weekend, and then I should be able to make my mind up!

I've managed to try both the Leica X1 and Fuji X100 this evening, and they are both excellent...but after seeing a 765 deal for the Leica X1 I could not resist it! So I now have a Leica X1 and I love it! Unfortunately I did not get the lovely packaging, but with a saving like that (it was an ex-display camera), I could not turn it down

Yes ok, it's not the fastest camera, but I personally find it very nice to use. The hunt is over now.

Quote Originally Posted by F1Luke View Post
    I've managed to try both the Leica X1 and Fuji X100 this evening, and they are both excellent...but after seeing a 765 deal for the Leica X1 I could not resist it! So I now have a Leica X1 and I love it! Unfortunately I did not get the lovely packaging, but with a saving like that (it was an ex-display camera), I could not turn it down

Yes ok, it's not the fastest camera, but I personally find it very nice to use. The hunt is over now.
    Congratulations! You can now look down at us mere mortals with our Japanese cameras

Congratulations! You can now look down at us mere mortals with our Japanese cameras
    Thanks! Haha, Germany quality for me If anyone has a Japanese camera though, not a problem if it's what they like