Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Competition: APOY 2012

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Harrogate, North Yorks
    Posts
    14,330

    Re: Competition: APOY 2012

    Yes, the points are carried over so the ultimate winner is whoever gets the most points.

    In theory, someone could win without winning an individual round but I'm not sure if that's ever happened.

    Oh and enter as many as you can or want to but don't worry if you miss one, there's nothing to say you couldn't win the title only entering 11, 10 or even 9 rounds.
    "Wrong on so many different levels."

    Blog - Contre Dour http://www.contredour.com - Capturing the ordinary for posterity.

    Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/barneyallen/

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    95

    Re: Competition: APOY 2012

    Okay, thanks for the info

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    4,676

    Re: Competition: APOY 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by mitradkmitra View Post
    As the instruction says "Copy and paste the following into the body of your email and tick or mark "x" in the brackets below where applicable", I thought I can use either tick or x to indicate my confirmation ... Dilip Kumar Mitra
    Yes Dilip, that is correct Or for that matter, AFAIK, any other symbol will also be acceptable

    All that is required is some form of acknowledgement that an entrant has read and accepted the T&Cs of APOY and any supplemental details, such as permission to (possibly) feature images in AP Appraisal etc.

    regards
    m

    https://www.facebook.com/Amateur.photographer.magazine
    Like AP on Facebook!
    Have an enquiry re AP? Contact AP http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/contact/.
    For issues concerning the forum/site build please contact the Online Manager > here <

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5

    Re: Competition: APOY 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by mark_jacobs View Post
    Yes Dilip, that is correct Or for that matter, AFAIK, any other symbol will also be acceptable

    All that is required is some form of acknowledgement that an entrant has read and accepted the T&Cs of APOY and any supplemental details, such as permission to (possibly) feature images in AP Appraisal etc.

    regards
    m
    Thanks Mark for the confirmation.
    In this connexion, I was wondering where I would get the appraisal of my image submitted for the first round since I wanted Damien Demolder to critique my image in the Appraisal column.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    4,676

    Re: Competition: APOY 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by mitradkmitra View Post
    ...where I would get the appraisal of my image submitted for the first round since I wanted Damien Demolder to critique my image in the Appraisal column.
    If one has ticked (or otherwise marked) the appropriate confirmation on their entry the image will be considered for publication in the AP Appraisal pages, however it is not guaranteed that it will be featured.

    Other than that there is always the Appraisal Gallery http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?34-Appraisal-Gallery where fellow forum members can offer opinion and advice.

    https://www.facebook.com/Amateur.photographer.magazine
    Like AP on Facebook!
    Have an enquiry re AP? Contact AP http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/contact/.
    For issues concerning the forum/site build please contact the Online Manager > here <

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5

    Re: Competition: APOY 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by mark_jacobs View Post
    If one has ticked (or otherwise marked) the appropriate confirmation on their entry the image will be considered for publication in the AP Appraisal pages, however it is not guaranteed that it will be featured.

    Other than that there is always the Appraisal Gallery http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?34-Appraisal-Gallery where fellow forum members can offer opinion and advice.
    Thank you so much Mark for your prompt reply and useful information.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    76

    Re: Competition: APOY 2012

    Where have you hidden the APOY page on the website, I think you've revamped the homepage and it could be me going mad but I can't seem to find it anymore

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    4,676

    Re: Competition: APOY 2012

    Hi Justin

    I know what you mean. AP have not hidden APOY, although unfortunately the web team have

    I highlighted the problem last week so hopefully it will be rectified.

    Till then it can be found > here < https://apcompetitions.ipcmediasecure.com/competitions/1

    Hidden in the dark blue bar next to 'Latest Competitions' (In orange).

    regards
    m

    PS For this or any other issues concerning the new build of the AP site could I please ask that members contact the Online Manager directly (see my signature) direct feedback is... err... more direct.

    PPS I have updated the URL in the OP made by Chrissie_Lay

    https://www.facebook.com/Amateur.photographer.magazine
    Like AP on Facebook!
    Have an enquiry re AP? Contact AP http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/contact/.
    For issues concerning the forum/site build please contact the Online Manager > here <

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Isle of Lewis, NW Scotland
    Posts
    2,100

    Re: Competition: APOY 2012

    I'm so looking forward to seeing whether anyone has a rated b&w sunrise/sunset shot.
    Catriona .......... My Flickr http://www.flickr.com/people/kate_ferris/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •