Thread: Canon G11 control dial problem

Canon G11 control dial problem

The control dial which is around the multi directional control on the back of my Canon G11 has developed a fault.

When I turn the dial to select an item the dial does not change the selectin as it should. It will change the selection eventually, but only when it is ready to do so.

This is very frustrating and means that I miss shots when trying to change settings quickly.

Does anyone know about this problem? Is it easily fixed?

Thank you

Re: Canon G11 control dial problem

Sounds like a trip to a repairer. I would not advise trying to fix it yourself.

Probably one of the most used components on the camera and a vital one at that! Highly likley that a strip and clean is required but certainly not a job for the uninitiated.
    Zak FRIPN

(Make mine a double)

Hello,

I have two Canon G11 cameras in my immediate family, and both of them started having this problem recently (after the warranty expired)

I have managed to fix this problem with my G11 last night, and have put together a short video clip on this, I hope this helps anyone else who is having this problem also.

http://youtu.be/GXEONf87zXc

I am very glad the problem is fixed, because even though I have and use a number of DSLRs, SLRs, and mirrorless cameras, I still have a soft spot for the G11.

Good luck.

na6