Thread: CameraKing.co.uk

CameraKing.co.uk

I have just found out that Warehouse Express do not have what I want in stock. According to the cameraking website they do, albeit more expensive. Has anyone any experience of cameraking? I am sorry to be repeating myself, but if I am to spend the best part of 1000 I like to know if the firm I am dealing with is any good. Thanks very much, Pete.

Re: CameraKing.co.uk

Sorry, No. But FWIW, a few months ago I had excellent service & a super price from Microglobe. Unusually for a website they actually publish a postal address, and a geographic phone number, at the top of the webpage. They also pick up the phone and talk to you, and sound like they know their business! They have a good but not comprehensive range of photo items. No, I ain't related or connected to them! .T.

Microglobe are on the the old oxford road I believe, a friend ordered a sigma 105mm macro lens from there a week before xmas, it was delivered the next day, I have heard bad reports of cameraking though, and the only dealing I had was to check the stock level, item was in on website but giving 4 week delivery when added to basket, when I rang them they said no stock and couldn't answer my questions and just passed the buck to 2020 the distributor.
    Marc

If you notice this notice, you'll notice this notice isn't worth noticing.

Sorry, No. But FWIW, a few months ago I had excellent service & a super price from Microglobe. Unusually for a website they actually publish a postal address, and a geographic phone number, at the top of the webpage. They also pick up the phone and talk to you, and sound like they know their business! They have a good but not comprehensive range of photo items. No, I ain't related or connected to them! .T.
    Have you ever been to Microglobe though? Ths shop itself hardly inspires confidence. Also, a lot of their stuff is grey import so make sure you're happy with a Microglobe warranty.

To the OP, what are you looking to get? Try pricerunner.co.uk or a similar price match site. Also try the likes of Amazon or Jessops online, you could be surprised.
    "Wrong on so many different levels."

Blog - Contre Dour http://www.contredour.com - Capturing the ordinary for posterity.

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/barneyallen/

Microglobe are great! They opened the shop on Bank Holiday Monday specifically for me, so I could purchase a macro lens from them.

Sure the bloke is surly, and the interior isn't exactly Gray's Of Westminster - but you can't argue with the prices.

And the warranty and packaging for my lens are all fine.

I've used Cameraking a few times and have had excellent service and prompt delivery every time. Not grey imports, either (IME).

I have used CameraKing in the past (on one occasion spending over 1000 on a Canon lens) and their service was excellent. Fast, and very helpful when I had cause to phone them with a query and change my order after it had been dispatched. That was about three years ago, so hopefully their service is still as good today.

Terry.
    Please, it's lens, not lense!

Also, a lot of their stuff is grey import so make sure you're happy with a Microglobe warranty.
    Yes, much is imported and it's important to check with Microglobe (and many other internet outlets) if this is the case and what guarantee applies in each instance.

That said, all of the UK consumer protection legislation applies, since the goods are purchased in the UK/EU. If goods prove defective within a 'reasonable time' - say, a year for durable items, your rights are normally adequately preserved. Naturally you/we may not enjoy an extended 3-year warranty. And there is little protection against rogue dealers who hide solely in cyberspace. Caveat emptor.

.T.

I bought a lens from Camera King a couple of years ago, they were quick, efficient and I've had no problems with the lens. I'd definitely use them again. There is a UK address and phone number on the website too.

I phoned Camera King and Microglobe earlier about a 12-24 Tokina - both were very friendly and helpful - it almost sounded like the same chap! Just under 10% difference on a 350 lens - but I think I'll do just a tad more hunting.

Yes I have purchased from Camera King on one occasion, everything went smoothly the goods arrived promptly and overall i was as happy with the service i received. On a par with Warehouse Express.

I've had dealings with cameraking and they were very good. When they were in regent st their prices were the lowest i could find. Jessops said they would undercut anyone in a 5 mile radius but they didn't! Later when cameraking moved i
    bought a film scanner again which is fine. Don't moan so much!