Thread: Bronica 200mm MC lens & hood

Bronica 200mm MC lens & hood

I just acquired a 200mm MC lens for my Bronica ETRS (MC is all I can afford at present). I had earlier acquired a 105/250mm Lens Hood-E thinking it would fit a 200mm lens. However, the two are not compatible. Now this is not a major problem as I generally use the Cokin P Modular Hoods, but this setup adds a lot of weight to the front end, especially when not using a tripod or monopod (Cries of, "Shame!" I know, I know!). I am already hunting for a collapsible, rubber hood in 62mm, but does anyone know what Bronica lens hood I need to fit this lens? Many thanks in advance.

Streaky

<pre> ___
    ~(___)>
    " "</pre>

Streaky

[pre] ___
    ~(___)>
    " "[/pre]

Re: Bronica 200mm MC lens & hood

Apologies! I must have been as blind as a bat (hope that's not non-PC!) when I was trying to fit the hood to the lens.

There are two indentations in the lens into which two retractable prongs on the hood fit. Why I didn't see them previously and why my twisting the hood on the lens didn't engage them, I'll never know.

Anyway, decided to post this "sackcloth-n-ashes" response in case another idiot needs an answer to this question. ;-)

Streaky

<pre> ___
    ~(___)>
    " "</pre>

Streaky

[pre] ___
    ~(___)>
    " "[/pre]

No problem Streaky. We are all bit absent minded around here.

Salazar the Sinister

Speak for yourself pal! My mind is always.............errm ..............err...................dohhhhhhhh!... ........what was I going to say then..................[img]/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif[/img]

Nigel CRIPN

You don't have to be mad to come here....
    ...but if you do...you are! [img]/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif[/img]
    Nigel
    Completely BSRIPN

The ElSid Galleries http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v318/ElSid/

Life would be so much better if there was less crap and more cream cakes...

You are not alone in having trouble with lens-hoods. I have a collection of them, with a variety of fitting methods. Some go on very easily each time, while others are consistently troublesome. It is a source of wonder that lens manufacturers can make such a mess of designing dedicated hoods bearing in mind what they charge for them.

Chris

Chris

My memory is getting worse . . . and my conscience clearer