Thread: Facebook Page For Photographers? Have to like to view?

Facebook Page For Photographers? Have to like to view?

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone can tell me how I can make it that people have to like the page first so they can see photos inside a gallery? I want people to view the main image but to view more they have to like the page first.

Is there any way to do this?

Re: Facebook Page For Photographers? Have to like to view?

I would hope that what you ask is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Learning View Post
    I would hope that what you ask is impossible.
    Ditto, I think that falsifying your status in my view and not appropriate.

Ian
    Life is a roller coaster - Don't fall off, it bloody hurts!

I comment as someone who does not use Facebook, twittr or any other similar site. What you seem to want to do is gain approval without people viewing, unreasonable. Just fortifies my reasons for not using these sites.

Hmmm. Perhaps you could ask in a facebook chatroom. Surely there is a chatroom on facebook where you can ask questions about facebook?
    Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanClifford View Post
    Hmmm. Perhaps you could ask in a facebook chatroom. Surely there is a chatroom on facebook where you can ask questions about facebook?
    I agree. In fact I'd be all in favour of declaring this forum a FB free zone ...
    If you're not living on the edge, you're wasting space

Quote Originally Posted by beejaybee View Post
    I agree. In fact I'd be all in favour of declaring this forum a FB free zone ...
    Unfortunately, when this forum software was revamped, some FB like aspects appeared, and at the moment I have an unanswered request in my Notifications for an "Incoming Friend Request" for someone to become my "friend".

I'm hoping that it will go away if I ignore it long enough.
    Malcolm Stewart

Jaguar Mk VII

Quote Originally Posted by beejaybee View Post
    Amen to that brudder.
    Cheers MIKE

"How many roads must a man walk down before he admits he's lost?"

Definitely *not* on Facebook or Twitter!
    Nor sending from an iPhone or iPad!

I was about to say 'cue the usual anti-FB suspects', but I see they are already here...

As for Friend request here, seek and yee shall find the means to dismiss the request.
    TheFatControlleR
    Resident Cynic

'But above all, he should be taught to yield to the truth, and to lay down his arms as soon as he discovers it, whether it appears in his opponents argument, or to himself in his own thoughts.' - Michel de Montaigne (on the education of children)

'Everybody is in favour of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled. But some people’s idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone says anything back, that is an outrage.' - Winston Churchill

'Live fat, die young, and leave a self-basting corpse for the burn up...' - TFC

Exclamation Re: Facebook Page For Photographers? Have to like to view?

Luddites!

The OP came here to ask for help and all you've done is moan about Facebook.

I'm starting to think that you either love Facebook so much or that your lives are so empty that you have to comment on the post.

If you don't like Facebook, stop commenting about it!

=============================================

In regards to the OP's question. I'm not totally sure how you do, I would guess the settings for this would be in the 'Group Settings' within Facebook for your page.

If you can't find it there, have a look at Facebook's Help Pages for more info.
    - Fenris Oswin - Iconographic Capturer of Ætheric Personalities™
    - My website - http://www.fenrisoswin.com
    - My flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/fenoswin/sets/

Everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise - Margaret Atwood

Without actually being for or against Facebook I think it's just indicative of the age we live in that people feel the need to have as many friends (that they've never met) or likes as possible. It's just life today in general. For the more perverse amongst us a dislike button would be brilliant. Then we would have proof of the number of people we have peed of during the course of a day.

Thanks for the comments.

I actually despise facebook! I only have an account for my photography stuff and a like page, the reason I set it up as I posted a few pictures and people started asking about my prices etc, so put up tons of work and im over flowing with work now.

Have to turn so much away, so I would highly recommend it to any photographing professionals or amateurs, its the best free advertising you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by digitravel View Post
    Without actually being for or against Facebook I think it's just indicative of the age we live in that people feel the need to have as many friends (that they've never met) or likes as possible...
    Can't argue with that, there are a lot of folk on FB playing the ridiculous numbers game. I tend avoid them, which is very easy to do with the controllability one has over who you see and who sees you on FB.
    TheFatControlleR
    Resident Cynic

'But above all, he should be taught to yield to the truth, and to lay down his arms as soon as he discovers it, whether it appears in his opponents argument, or to himself in his own thoughts.' - Michel de Montaigne (on the education of children)

'Everybody is in favour of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled. But some people’s idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone says anything back, that is an outrage.' - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by andantesash View Post
    I actually despise facebook!
    Peddle faster...
    TheFatControlleR
    Resident Cynic

Quote Originally Posted by TheFatControlleR View Post
    Can't argue with that, there are a lot of folk on FB playing the ridiculous numbers game. I tend avoid them, which is very easy to do with the controllability one has over who you see and who sees you on FB.
    - Fenris Oswin - Iconographic Capturer of Ætheric Personalities™
    - My website - http://www.fenrisoswin.com
    - My flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/fenoswin/sets/

Everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise - Margaret Atwood