1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
PeteE

Trees at First Light

1956 MINOLTA Autocord, 2002 outdated Fuji NPC 160 film rated 100 ASA and home-processed in C41. Trees are on a local Golf Course. Scanner : Epson 2480 flatbed + Vuescan Pro + FastStone Image Viewer

Trees at First Light
PeteE, Nov 26, 2018
    • Chester AP
      The side lighting really helps the image - the colours are great.

I was confused by the technical details, trying to work out what camera body and lens combination could produce them. Then I looked at your profile, and saw that the data on the image file says Epson Perfection 2480, so has this been scanned from film?
    • PeteE
      If you read the caption at top again you will see it was a 1956 Minolta Autocord -- long before 'Digital' was invented !
    • Chester AP
      Sorry - I saw the title and went straight to the picture.

The Vuescan software is excellent - I've been using it since 2013 to drive a Minolta AF2480 35 mmm film/slide scanner I purchased in 2001 and an A4 flatbed scanner purchased in 2006, after I went to Windows 7 and the original software for both would not work (I'm now using Vuescan with Windows 10). I've got Kodachrome slides from 1974 to 2007, and so far have only scanned 50 or 60 of them (it's very slow and dust is a major problem). I've recently experimented with an old Nikon slide copier attachment designed for their 60 mm macro lens, using it on my Sigma 50 mm macro with a stepping ring. This is quicker and works well with my APS-C DSLR, which also has a higher resolution than the scanner (16 megapixels compared to 10, and I get a RAW file).

I once did home B&W developing and printing, but never got around to C41 with colour film.
      But I did try Cibachrome printing from Kodachrome slides: very expensive and a low success rate.
    • PeteE
      I was given an old 2004 dated Epson 1650 flatbed scanner and with Home-Made cardboard masks it will just about cover 'medium format wide'film with some 'cut-off on one side. Then 1650 electrical connection went and it became unreliable so i got a replacement free from a bloke on a site that saves stuff from the 'Dump' . It is an Epson 2480 flatbed, with a smaller light strip above but scans medium format with some 'fiddling' of position !
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Reader Gallery
    Uploaded By:
    PeteE
    Date:
    Nov 26, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    682.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1800px
    Height:
    1536px
    Aperture:
    f/74099368.0
    Exposure Time:
    1111490560/15 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 0, 0
    Focal Length:
    74099370.666667 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).