1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Graham Herbert

P8230242

#appicoftheweek Another taken at the recent Great Dorset Steam Fair with my Olympus em1 mkII. Finally, as the sun went down and it got dark, I shot the Traction Engines with the smoke and the lights and the people all milling around. Mixed together they all created the atmosphere of the evening.

P8230242
Graham Herbert, Sep 3, 2018
    • Chester AP
      The image data says that this was 1 second exposure - did you use a tripod, or is the advertised image stabilisation really this good?

Nice to see the engines with their lights on.
      Were they all in steam, or just lit by portable generators?
    • Graham Herbert
      Chester AP Hi, I used a tripod! I could have taken a chance and I know that the stabilisers on both the body and the lens are REALLY good but just thought why take the chance! I assume that you have never been. You really must go, it is something else at night. Yes, these are all steam and they were shovelling fuel all the time (well it seemed like all the time).
    • Chester AP
      Thank for the reply - looking again I can see the pile of coal on the bottom right of the image.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Reader Gallery
    Uploaded By:
    Graham Herbert
    Date:
    Sep 3, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    977.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1244px
    Height:
    882px
    Aperture:
    f/10.0
    Make:
    OLYMPUS CORPORATION
    Model:
    E-M1MarkII
    Date / Time:
    2018:08:23 21:32:50
    Exposure Time:
    1/1 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    14 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).