1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Adrian Dornford-Smith

Favourite

Canon EOS 1300D, 75-300mm, 1/640 sec at f/22, ISO 3200

Favourite
Adrian Dornford-Smith, Jul 5, 2019
    • Adrian Dornford-Smith
      I conceived this shot several days before the opportunity to take it. In my mind’s eye it was magnificent, evoking all sorts of emotions. It was just going to be a case of pressing the shutter release and going for a pint. When reality struck, I stabbed away, taking fifty shots or so, a roll and a half in old money. They all had bits of the magnificence of my mental image but none really hit me in the breast plate. I could have used digital alchemy to conjure parts to a whole, but I suspected it still wouldn’t feel right and it would have been less honourable. So I chose this one. Photography can be very frustrating.
    • Christopher David Tansley
      Sorry Adrian but I don't know if I have had too much to drink , but I can only see the chess pieces. Everything else is a bit blurred. But I do like the picture anyway.
    • Adrian Dornford-Smith
      @Christopher David Tansley Hello David, you are drinking in moderation! The whole idea was to focus on the chess knights and give an impression of real knights and a lady whose favour they were fighting for. I got a few shots with them jousting in the background, but no lady and various other combinations. I just wanted to give the impression of the real knights otherwise the chess ones were lost in the detail. Maybe I got it wrong and you can't discern the background and it should have been more in focus. Back tot he drawing board!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Reader Gallery
    Uploaded By:
    Adrian Dornford-Smith
    Date:
    Jul 5, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4925px
    Height:
    3283px
    Aperture:
    f/22.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 1300D
    Date / Time:
    2019:06:30 15:55:08
    Exposure Time:
    1/640 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 3200
    Focal Length:
    170 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).